Saturday, May 22, 2010

Giant walking the streets of Manhattan


I was in Manhattan this week for the Surtex and National Stationery shows. A wonderful day that overwhelmed my senses. In typical New York fashion, the gods conspired to give me one more image as I walked back to Penn Station and my train ride home.

On 7th Avenue I noticed a crowd of people at the end of the block. They surrounded a man that looked way too big to be real. As I got up to the crowd, I realized that he was huge. Probably 7 and a half feet tall. The man standing next to him here is well over 6 feet tall. It felt like I had stumbled into a movie. With one look at the large man's face, you could read a thousand different emotions. He seemed to be okay with the attention but incredibly sad that he would never be like the rest of the people on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment